Wholesome Humpday, February 16, 2022
Keftedes, Greek meatballs served with a lemon garlic sauce. Served with sides of roasted & marinated summer veggies, Spanakorizo spinach rice, garlic hummus and pita bread.
- 1 pan meatballs
- 1 pan rice
- 1 pan veggies
- 1 container sauce
- 1 container hummus
- 1 bag pita bread
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, sprinkle a tablespoon or two of water onto rice, then put covered pans of rice and meatbealls into oven. Bake for 25 minutes, check temperature and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Veggies can be heated in the oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes or they can be sauteed in a fry pan over medium heat until desired level of caramelization.
- Heat sauce on the stovetop until 165 degrees or in a microwave safe dish, stirring every 30 seconds until hot.
- Wrap pita in a towel and microwave until just warm or heat for the last couple minutes of cooking time in the oven or in a dry fry pan over medium heat.
- Serve hummus family style as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Split meatballs, veggies and rice onto dinner plates and cover with as much sauce as desired. Drizzle meatballs with sauce or serve on the side in a ramekin for dipping.