Meatless Monday, December 14, 2020
Crispy breaded & fried broccoli florets tossed in a spicy chili peanut sauce. Served with shitake & quinoa rice pilaf, alongside sauteed spinach & zucchini in garlic & ginger sauce.
- 1 pan broccoli
- 1 quart container peanut sauce
- 1 pan pilaf
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 bag zucchini
- 1 bag chili threads
- Preheat oven to 400, place covered pan of pilaf into oven and bake for 10 minutes then add uncovered pan of broccoli and bake both for an additional 15-20 minutes or until 165 degrees. For crispier broccoli lay out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Warm peanut sauce on the stovetop over medium heat or in the microwave in a safe dish stirring every 30 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat large fry pan over medium high heat, once hot add oil, once oil is hot enough to bead up and sizzle a drop of water add zucchini and saute for a minute or two then add spinach and stir often until just wilted.
- Toss or drizzle as much sauce as desired with broccoli.
- Divide broccoli, pilaf and veggies amongst dinner plates. Broccoli can be served on top of the pilaf if desired.
- Garnish broccoli with small pinch of chili threads.