Meatless Monday, March 15, 2021
Crispy breaded & fried cauliflower flflorets tossed in a spicy chili peanut sauce. Served with shitake & quinoa rice pilaf, alongside sauteed broccoli and spinach in a garlic & ginger compound butter.
- 1 pan cauliflower
- 1 container peanut sauce
- 1 pan pilaf
- 1 bag broccoli and spinach
- 1 container compound butter
- 1 bag chili threads
- Preheat oven to 400, add a tablespoon or two of water to the pilaf, recover, place into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Next add an uncovered pan of cauliflower and bake both pans for an additional 15-20 minutes or until 165 degrees. For crispier cauliflower lay out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Warm peanut sauce on the stovetop over medium heat or in the microwave in a safe dish stirring every 30 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat large fry pan over medium high heat, add butter. Once butter is melted and frothy, add the broccoli and saute for a couple of minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss cauliflower with peanut sauce.
- Divide Cauliflower, pilaf and veggies amongst dinner plates. Cauliflower can be served on top of the pilaf if desired.
- Garnish with kung pao with a small pinch of chili threads.