Meatless Monday, August 31, 2020
Crispy fried cauliflower tossed in a spicy chili peanut sauce, served with shitake & quinoa rice pilaf and a Gai lan style ginger-garlic spinach and broccoli stir fry.
Assemblage Difficulty: 3 out of 10
- 1 pan kung pao cauliflower
- 1 pint chili-peanut sauce
- 1 round pan shitake & quinoa rice pilaf
- 1 bag brocolli
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 small bag ginger garlic seasoning for veggies
- 1 small bag almonds
- 1 small bag chili threads
- 1 pat of margarine
- Preheat oven to 400, place uncovered pan of cauliflower and covered pan of pilaf into oven and bake cauliflower for 20-30 minutes or until 165 degrees.
- Warm chili peanut sauce on the stovetop over medium heat or in the microwave in a safe dish stirring every 30 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat large fry pan over medium high heat, once hot add margarine, once melted add brocolli and saute for a minute or two then add spinach and bag of ginger garlic seasonings and stir often until wilted.
- Toss or drizzle sauce with cauliflower.
- Divide cauliflower, pilaf and veggies amongst dinner plates.
- Garnish veggies with almonds.
- Garnish Cauliflower with small pinch of chili threads.