Wholesome Humpday, June 16, 2021
House ground chicken cooked in ginger, lemongrass and garlic tossed with fresh chiles, shallot and mint, served chilled in tender butter lettuce cups with a sriracha honey drizzle. Served with spicy coconut red curry rice and a Thai crunch salad with cabbage, red bell pepper, carrot and cucumber tossed in a cilantro lime creamy peanut dressing.
- 1 bag chicken salad
- 1 container lettuce leaves
- 1 container honey sriracha sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 325. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to rice and recover, place covered pan of rice into oven for 15-25 minutes until 165 degrees. Fluff with fork before serving. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a covered microwave safe dish, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Cut lime into wedges or slices.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide lettuce cups onto dinner plates. Divide meat salad into the lettuce cups and garnish with lime and honey sriracha sauce if desired.
- Divide rice onto the plates.
- Serve salad on the side on separate plates or in bowls.
Notes from Sara:
This dish was first introduced to me by my friend, wonder mom and part time Catering Chef, Nicole. We have done many trips together with a group of friends and Nicole and I are always the resident cooks of the weekend. I've gotten so much inspiration from her and this, my all time favorite, has become a Reilly summer dinner mainstay and also my favorite thing to bring to potlucks (is that a thing anymore?). I hope you find it as refreshing and delicious as we do!