Wholesome Humpday, June 16, 2021
Welcome in the summer with this light and refreshing dish! House ground chicken cooked in ginger, lemongrass and garlic tossed with fresh chiles, shallot and mint, served chilled in tender butter lettuce cups with a sriracha honey drizzle. Served with coconut spicy red curry rice and a Thai crunch salad with cabbage, red bell pepper, carrot and cucumber tossed in a cilantro lime creamy peanut dressing
- 1 bag chicken salad
- 1 container lettuce leaves
- 1 container honey sriracha sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 325. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to rice and recover, place covered pan of rice into oven for 15-25 minutes until 165 degrees. Fluff with fork before serving. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a covered microwave safe dish, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Cut lime into wedges or slices.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide lettuce cups onto dinner plates. Divide meat salad into the lettuce cups and garnish with lime and honey sriracha sauce if desired.
- Divide rice onto the plates.
- Serve salad on the side on separate plates or in bowls.
Notes from Sara:
This dish was first introduced to me by my friend, wonder mom and part time Catering Chef, Nicole. We have done many trips together with a group of friends and Nicole and I are always the resident cooks of the weekend. I've gotten so much inspiration from her and this, my all time favorite, has become a Reilly summer dinner mainstay and also my favorite thing to bring to potlucks (are those a thing again?). I hope you find it as refreshing and delicious as we do!