Wholesome Humpday, September 9, 2020
Lions head meatballs, served with a light mushroom broth, lo mein noodles, with chop suey style veggies and sesame ginger slaw.
Assemblage Difficulty: 5 out of 10
- 1 pan meatballs
- 8 oz. mushroom broth
- 1 quart ginger slaw
- 2-2oz. dressing for slaw
- 1 large bag noodles
- 1 large bag veggies
- 2-2oz. containers chop suey sauce
- Meatballs can be heated two ways, either uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until 165 degrees, or on in a fry pan on the stovetop over medium heat until 165 degrees.
- Mushroom broth can either be heated over medium heat on the stovetop or in a microwave safe container stirring every 30 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium high heat on the stovetop until a drop of water sizzles and beads up, add 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil. Once oil shimmers (not smokes) put veggies gently in to the pan being careful not to overcrowd. Saute until heated through and to desired degree of doneness. Turn down the heat add a couple tablespoons of water to deglaze the pan by scraping against the bottom of the pan with a spatula to remove some of the caramelized brown bits. Add chop suey sauce to pan, loosen with more water if desired.
- Heat water over high heat on the stove top in a large pot, once boiling add noodles, cook 3-4 minutes or desired degree of doneness, then drain.
- Toss dressing with the slaw.
- Place noodles into a shallow pasta bowl, pour broth over them, top with veggies and sauce place meatballs on top.
- Serve slaw in a separate bowl.