Wholesome Humpday August 12, 2020
Mahi mahi & fresh clams from Hama Hama in a Peruvian stew, served with creamy polenta & Peruvian-inspired chop salad with an aji amarillo dressing.
- 1 bag mahi mahi
- 1 container clams
- 1 quart stew
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 8 oz. container salsa
- 1 pan creamy polenta
- 1 container salad
- 4 oz. dressing
- Preheat oven to 375, place covered pan of polenta in oven, bake for 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively polenta can be heated on the stovetop on low or in a microwave stirring every 60 seconds until up to temperature. If desired, you can add a touch of milk or water to loosen the polenta to your desired consistency.
- Put a large pot on medium high heat, once hot add 1-2 tablespoons oil once oil shimmers add fish and sear. Add broth and clams to pan and cover and heat on a soft boil until clams open.
- Salad comes lightly dressed, add additional dressing if desired.
- Chips and salsa verde can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide polenta into large bowls and ladle broth and fish over the top.
- Serve salad on seperate plates or bowls.