Meatless Monday, May 3, 2021
Housemade seitan ribs with a sweet & tangy mango BBQ sauce. Comes with a side of carrot miso mac & cheese & a fresh lemon herb kale slaw.
- 1 pan seitan ribs
- 1 container mango BBQ sauce
- 1 pan mac & cheese
- 1 container slaw
- 1 container dressing
- Ribs can be heated two ways, either in on a medium low heat grill until desired carmelization and an internal temperature of 165 degree or in the oven, preheat to 375. Once up to temperature, put uncovered pan into oven. After 20 minutes uncover and check temperature continue cooking at 5-10 minute intervals checking temperature until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Macaroni can be heated in the oven at 375. Place the covered pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes for a two person meal and 15 minutes for a 4 person meal, remove lid and continue baking 15-20 minutes until 165 degrees. If extra crispness is desired on breadcrumbs you can place under the broiler watching very closely until desired level of caramelization is reached.
- Sauce can be heated or served cold for dipping the ribs. To heat place in a microwave safe dish and heat stirring every 30 seconds until 165 degrees. Or you can heat in a sauce pan over medium low heat until 165 degrees.
- Toss or drizzle as much dressing as desired with the slaw.
- Divide ribs and macaroni among 4 dinner plates.
- Serve salad on the side.