Meatless Monday, August 9, 2021
Moroccan Tagine, a dish with savory spices, loads of veggies, chickpeas, dried fruit for a touch of sweetness and fresh herbs. Served with lemon couscous, a chermoula salad with romaine, cauliflower, carrot and red bell pepper in an green herb dressing and flat bread.
- 1 pan tagine stew
- 1 pan couscous
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag flat bread
- Preheat oven to 400, add a tablespoon or two of water to the couscous, recover, then place both covered pans into oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively, stew can be heated on the stovetop on medium heat stirring often.
- Toss as much dressing as desired with slaw.
- Flat bread can be wrapped in foil and heated in the oven for the last five minutes of cooking time or wrpped in a towel and microwave for a minute or it can be heated over medium heat in a dry fry pan.
- Serve tagine on couscous if desired on a dinner plate with flat bread on the side.
- Serve salad on a separate plate or in bowls.