Friday Funday, November 20, 2020
Sweet & sour orange chicken meatballs served with fresh white rice, sesame broccoli & a ginger mango slaw.
- 1 pan meatballs
- 8 oz. orange sauce
- 1 pan rice
- 1 pan broccoli
- 1 quart slaw
- 1 container sauce for slaw
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and place covered pans of meatballs and covered pan of rice in oven with a tablespoon of water added to the pan. After 15 minutes start checking temperature every 5 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively, the rice can be microwaved. Just place in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power fluffing ith a fork every 45 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- To cook brocolli, either heat in oven, uncovered at the same time as the rice or in a fry pan on the stovetop over medium heat heat with a 1 tablespoon of oil and saute until dsired degree of caramelization.
- Heat orange sauce in microwave in a microwave safe bowl or on the stovetop over medium low heat stirring often.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing.
- Serve meatballs over rice with extra sauce on a dinner plate alongside the brocolli.
- Serve the slaw on a separate plate or in a bowl.