Wholesome Humpday, March 9, 2022
Start with an appetizer of garlic sea salt fried peanuts, then enjoy the main of the Filipino favorite, pancit, a dish with rice noodles, tender pork, carrot, cabbage, bell pepper, chayote squash and celery in a calamansi citrus soy pan sauce. Served with a mango salad on greens with a creamy cilantro lime citronette
- 1 bag veggies
- 1 pan pork
- 1 bag noodles
- 1 container sauce
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
What kind of pan do you have? If you have non-stick add your oil before heating the pan, if you have stainless a drop of water should bead up and sizzle before you add it.
- Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium high heat with 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Add veggies and stir fry until caramelized to desired doneness then set off to the side. Place pork in the pan and sauté until heated through, add noodles and as much sauce as desired and toss until well coated and warm. Toss veggies back into the stir fry.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Peanuts can be eaten as is or heated for a minute or two in a fry pan on medium, on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 for ~5 minutes.
- Peanuts can be served as an starter, or alongside the meal in a bowl for sharing.
- Pancit should be served on dinner plates or shallow pasta bowls. Garnish with lime.
- Salad can be served in small bowls or on small plates on the side.