Meatless Monday, February 21, 2022
Mexican casserole of black beans, quinoa and bell pepper, a rich chile sauce and vegan queso layered between corn tortillas. Served with roasted elote style corn salad on crisp romaine with pepitas and a lime vinaigrette and fresh tortilla chips and an avocado tomatillo cilantro salsa.
- 1 pan casserole
- 1 bag chips
- 1 container salsa
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place covered pan of pastel in the oven, bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking for 15-30 minutes or until 165 degrees.
- Toss the salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Chips and salsa can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Casserole can be served in shallow pasta bowls or on a plate.
- Salad can be served on small side plates or in bowls.