Meatless Monday - June 22, 2020
West African peanut curry with tofu, plantain and kale. Served with basmati rice, a cauliflower salad with carrots, raisins, arugula and a charmoula dressing and petite ciabatta rolls.
- One pan curry
- One pan rice
- One container salad
- 2 oz crushed peanuts
- One small bag cilantro
- 4 rolls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and place covered pan of curry in oven. Add a tablespoon of water to the pan of rice, then after 15 minutes of cooking curry add covered pan of rice to oven. After 15 minutes start checking temperature every 5 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively, this entire meal can be microwaved without compromising it's quality. Just place in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power stirring every 90 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cover rolls in a towel and microwave for a minute or two until just warm or put in oven covered in foil for the last 5-10 minutes of curry cooking time.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Divide curry among four shallow pasta bowls or plates, top with a scoop of rice. For presentation, if you like, you can pack the rice in a measuring cup or small mug and gently turn it over onto the curry. Garnish with peanuts and herbs.
- Place salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.
- Serve rolls on the side.