Meatless Monday, January 17, 2022
Savory seitan skewers in a Malaysian peanut sauce. Served with a starter of sweet chili edamame and sides of matcha green rice and orange-ginger broccoli with greens.
- 1 container edamame
- 1 container sweet chile sauce
- 1 pan skewers
- 1 container peanut sauce
- 1 bag broccoli and greens
- 1 pan rice
- Edamame can be cooked in the microwave in a covered dish for 3-5 minutes or until tender, and let rest 1-2 minutes before eating. Alternatively, they can be placed in a sauce pan with a couple tablespoons of water on low heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender, let rest 1-2 minutes before eating.
- Preheat oven to 375. Add 1-2 tablespoons water in rice pan and recover. Place in oven at the same time as the uncovered pan of skewers, bake for 15-25 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively the rice can be placed in a microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water and heated fluffing every 60 seconds until 165 degrees. Also alternatively skewers can be cooked stovetop by heating a skillet or fry pan on medium heat, once hot add 1-2 tablespoons oil once oil shimmers and sauté until caramelized and heated through.
- Heat peanut sauce on the stovetop over medium low heat while stirring often. Alternatively you can place the sauce in a compatible dish and microwave it, stir every 30 seconds until heated through.
- We recommend cooking the broccoli and greens on the stovetop by heating a skillet or fry pan on medium heat, once hot add 1-2 tablespoons oil once oil shimmers add veggies being careful not to add any liquid that may have collected in the in the pan and saute until well caramelized. Alternatively veggies can be baked in the oven, uncovered at the same time as the rice.
- Edamame can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide skewers, veggies and rice amongst dinner plates.
- Divide peanut sauce into small ramekins or sauce cups for dipping or drizzle over the skewers.