Wholesome Humpday July 29, 2020
- One pan chicken
- 8 ounces peri peri sauce
- One pan veggies
- One pan potatoes
- 8 ounces smoked paprika aioli
- One container salad
- 4 ounces dressing
- Chicken can either be grilled or roasted.
- To grill: over a medium flame place the chicken on the center of the well oiled grill, skin-side down, and cook for 15-20 mins until nicely charred. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking for another 5-15 mins until cooked through. The heat of every barbecue will vary, make sure to cook to 165 degrees.
- To roast: Once preheated to 450, place uncovered pan into oven. After 10 minutes, baste the chicken by spreading a few tablespoons of the sauce over the skin. At this time add the pan of potatoes and pan of veggies in th oven, both uncovered. Place back in the oven for a further 25-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, 165 degrees and potatoes and veggies to desired doneness. Alternatively you can saute the veggies over medium high heat.
- Rest chicken for 10 minutes and then cut up. Here's a quick video to guide you. https://www.cooksillustrated.com/videos/250-carving-a-butterflied-chicken
- Toss or drizzle dressing with salad.
- Split chicken and potatoes among four dinner plates.
- Spoon more peri peri sauce over chicken if desired.
- Serve aioli in small ramekins for dipping potatoes.
- Serve salad on 4 separate plates or bowls.
Notes from Sara:
We roast a lot of chicken at our house and when I'm running short on time or I want to grill them, I spatchcock them, which it to flatten by cutting the back out of them. I prefer to use kitchen shears, but Chef Frank uses his trusty knife. Here's a little video on how to do it if you want to try this technique yourself some time!