Friday Funday, March 12, 2021
Peruvian seasoned prawns, served with green rice & quinoa, salad with naranja vinaigrette & assorted toppings. Served with ajiaco potato soup.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 bag prawns
- 1 pan rice & quinoa
- 1 container of lima beans, corn, peppers
- 1 or 2 avocado
- 1 bag salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1/2 or 1 lime
- 1 container crema
- 1 container salsa criolla
- 1 container concentrated soup base
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat, once hot enough to bead up and sizzle a drop of water, add 1-2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil. Once it shimmers (not smoking) add prawns to pan being careful not to add the liquid in the bag and not to crowd the pan to ensure a good sear. Flip once first side is browned then continue cooking on other side until 145 degrees. Prawns can be heaten hot or precooked then chilled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, add 1-2 tablespoons water to pan and recover. Place in oven for 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively grains can be eaten cold or heated in the microwzve in a compatible dish fluffing with a fork to stir every 45 seconds until 165 degrees.
- For soup, place the soup base plus one plus one cup of water for 2 person meals or 2 cups of water for 4 person meals in a sauce pan and heat over medium low heat on the stovetop until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be heated in the microwave stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Slice or dice avocado.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Soup should be served in a soup cup or bowl and can be eaten as an appetizer or along side the meal.
- Place quinoa rice mix in to a large bowl or plate. Top with salad, veggies and prawns, garnish with salsa criolla, crema and lime.