Wholesome Humpday, September 1, 2021
Peruvian seasoned prawns, served with green rice & quinoa, salad with naranja vinaigrette & assorted toppings. Served with ajiaco potato soup to start & a side of Washington grown corn on the cob with lime butter & paprika.
- 1 bag prawns
- 1 pan rice & quinoa
- 1 bag lima beans
- 1 bag lettuce
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container crema
- 1 container salsa criolla
- 1 container concentrated soup base
- 1 bag corn
- 1 bag paprika
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat, once hot enough to bead up and sizzle a drop of water, add 1-2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil. Once it shimmers (not smoking) add prawns to pan being careful not to add the liquid in the bag and not to crowd the pan to ensure a good sear. Flip once first side is browned then continue cooking on other side until 145 degrees. Prawns can be eaten hot or pre-cooked then chilled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, add 1-2 tablespoons water to pan and recover. Place in oven for 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively grains can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave in a covered compatible dish fluffing with a fork to stir every 45 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Over medium heat heat, grill the corn, turning at 5-minute intervals, until the husks are have grill marks on all sides and the exposed kernels are charred, 15 to 20 minutes of total grilling. Cool the corn for around 5 minutes before pulling back the huskto sprinkle with paprika. Alternatively corn can be roasted in the oven on a sheet pan for around 25 minutes or until the kernels become shiny and swollen. Or they can be microwaved for 4-6 minutes.
- For soup, place the soup base plus one plus one cup of water for 2 person meals or 2 cups of water for 4 person meals in a sauce pan and heat over medium low heat on the stovetop until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be heated in the microwave stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Slice or dice avocado.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Soup should be served in a soup cup or bowl and can be eaten as an appetizer or along side the meal.
- Place quinoa rice mix in to a large bowl or plate. Top with salad, veggies and prawns, garnish with salsa criolla, crema and lime.
- Corn may served on the side or sliced off the cob and added to the main dish.