Friday Funday - May 22, 2020
Maple glazed sesame pork belly on housemade bao buns with sweet & sour hoisin sauce, pickled mustard seed, chopped peanuts, and cilantro cucumber mint salad. Served with ginger coconut long grain rice with garlic orange broccoli.
OPTIONAL DESSERT: Ginger Crème Brûlée
- 12 housemade bao buns
- 4 ounces maple sesame glaze
- 20 ounces pork belly
- 4 ounces sweet and sour hoisin sauce
- 4 ounces pickled mustard seed
- 2 ounces chopped peanuts
- container of cilantro mint cucumber salad
- one pan coconut long grain and garlic orange brocolli
- Sear pork belly in a skillet on medium-high to an internal temperature of 165 then drizzle with maple sesame glaze
- Add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan, then heat rice and brocolli in oven at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Alternatively you can put them in a microwave safe container and heat in a microwave, stirring every 60 seconds until internal temperature of 165.
- Warm bao buns wrapped in a towel in microwave for 30-60 seconds or until just warm.
- Split rice and brocolli amongst four plates.
- Split pork on to bao buns amongst the foru plates.
- Dress the pinch buns with mustard seed, hoisin, cucumber mint salad, peanut and hoisin sauce.
Notes from Sara:
We love pork belly and never need a reason to steam up some fresh bao buns. This meal will hit every corner of your mouth with its sweet, umami, and tangy aspects. Enjoy!