Wholesome Humpday, May 12, 2021
Slowly braised pork in a rich vegetable tomato sauce on creamy polenta. Served with an Italian summer salad with olives, cucumber, sunflower seeds, tomato and shaved parmesan on crisp romaine with a basil vinaigrette and dinner rolls.
- 1 pan pork
- 1 pan polenta
- 1 bag rolls
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place covered pans of pork and polenta in the oven, bake for 25-35 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively, they can be microwaved by placing in microwave safe containers (make sure to add some water to polenta) and cook on regular power stirring every 60 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Rolls can be heated two ways, wrapped in foil in the oven for 5+ minutes or wrapped in a towel in the microwave for 1+ minutes.
- Toss the salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide polenta into shallow pasta bowls or onto plates, top with pork and sauce.
- Serve rolls on the side.
- Serve salad on side plates or in bowls.