Meatless Monday, August 30, 2021
Marinated & sliced grilled portobello strips and caramelized onion on house ciabatta rolls with optional cheese and a vegan au jus for dipping. Served with steak fries with a pimento aioli and a fresh green salad with broccoli, red onion and golden raisins in a white balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 pan portobello and onions
- 1 bag cheese
- 1 bag buns
- 1 container jus
- 1 bag steak fries
- 1 container aioli
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 400. Once up to temperature, place fries on an oiled sheet pan and place into oven along with the covered pan of mushrooms. Bake both pans for 25+ minutes until 165 degrees flipping fries halfway through. Alternatively mushrooms can be reheated in a fry pan over medium low heat with 1 to 2 tablespoons of a neutral cooking oil.
- Heat au jus with as much water as desired to taste in a sauce pan on medium high heat until 165 degrees.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide mushrooms and onions onto rolls on dinner plates with a ramekin of au jus for dipping.
- Serve fries on the side of the dinner plate.
- Serve salad on small plates or in bowls.