Friday Funday, August 20, 2021
Francesinha, the Portuguese classic sandwich made with ham & tender roast pork served on housemade bread with a tomato ale sauce on top. Served with sides of steak frites & an Iberian green salad.
- 1 pan sandwiches
- 1 container sauce
- 1 bag frites
- 1 container Andalouse
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 350. Add covered pan of sandwiches and bake 10 minutes. Remove lid and continue baking until 165 degrees. If more caramelization is desired place under broiler for a minute or so watching closely not to burn.
- Frite can be laid out on an oil sheet pan and baked for 20-30 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Sauce can be heated on the stovetop over medium heat stirring often. Alternatively it can be tranferred to a microwave safe dish and heated for a couple minutes stirring every 45 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Place sandwiches on dinner plates or shallow pasta type bowls and ladle as much tomato sauce as desired. If you like a lot of sauce then you can serve frites on a separate plate. This sandwich should be eaten with fork and a steak knife.
- Serve salad on small plates or in bowls