Meatless Monday - August 23, 2021
Posole, a Mexican hominy stew in a rich savory chile broth with veggies and pinto beans with radish, cabbage, lime, cilantro and avocado toppings and fresh fried tostada shells for dipping. Served with a fresh green salad with cucumber, tomato, peppers & red onion in a creamy vegan poblano dressing.
- One bag soup ingredients
- One container soup base concentrate
- One bag tostadas
- One container toppings
- One container salad
- One container dressing
- In a large soup pot empty soup base and two containers of water. Heat to boiling then turn to medium low heat and add soup ingredients (hominy, beans, etc.) to the pot and heat thoroughly to 165 degrees.
- Tostadas can be eaten at room temperature or can be heated in a 350 oven.
- Slice or dice avocado.
- Coursely chop cilantro.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide soup amongst large bowls. Garnish from fresh radish, cabbage, lime, cilantro and avocado.
- Tostadas can be broken up and sprinkled over soup or served on the side for dipping into soup.
- Serve salad on small plates or in bowls.