Friday Funday - May 22, 2020
Lime garlic marinated prawns with local corn tortillas from Jalisco, a cilantro lime slaw, avocado crema and a mango pico de gallo. Served with a Sante Fe style black bean and romaine salad and elote street corn kernals with chiptople aioli, chili powder, lime and cotija.
OPTIONAL DESSERT: Nanaimo Bars
- 12 corn tortillas
- 40 prawns
- One quart slaw
- 8 oz mango pico
- 8 oz crema
- One container bean salad
- 4 oz pimento vinaigrette
- One pan corn
- One bag chipotle mayo
- One bag cotija
- One bag chili powder
- One lime
- Toss shrimp with marinade and let sit 5 minutes
- Heat a fry pan on medium high heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water then add 1-2 tablespoons of a neutral cooking oil. Once oil glistens add the prawns and saute until cooked through and until desired caramelization is reached, at least to 145 degrees.
- Preheat oven to 400, put covered pan of corn in for 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees.
- Dressing will be in the bottom of the quart of slaw so make sure to toss it well.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping tightly in foil and placing in oven for last 10 minutes of the cooking time of the corn, or wrap in a towel and microwave until warm and pliable, approximately one minute, microwaves vary greatly.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Cut a small corner off mayo bag so it can be squeezed onto corn.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Divide tortillas and prawns onto dinner plates. Dress tacos with slaw, pico and crema.
- Divide corn amongst dinner plates and top with mayo, chili, cotija and lime.
- Divide salad onto 4 seperate bowls.