Slow roasted pork with mofongo smashed plantains and chicharones, a Puerto Rican Rice dish and an avocado lime slaw.
- 1 pan pork
- 1 container orange garlic broth
- 1 pan mofongo plantains
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container dressing
- For two person meals reduce the cooking time by about 25%
- Preheat oven to 325. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to pan of rice and recover. Pour broth over pork and recover. Once oven is up to temp add covered pan of rice and covered pan of pork and covered pan of mofongo and bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover to pork and continue baking all for 10-20 minutes or to an until internal temperature of 165
- Toss slaw with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide and pork, rice and mofongo onto dinner plates. Ladel some of the extra broth over the pork and mofongo if desired. Serve slaw on the side in small bowls or plates.