Meatless Monday, August 10, 2020
House made seitan, seasoned with Ras al Hanout spices and served in zucchini boats with chickpea and dried apricot. Served alongside couscous and an eggplant & tomato dip with crusty sliced baguette. (vegan)
- 1 pan stuffed zucchini boats
- 1 pan couscous
- 16 oz eggplant dip
- 1 bag crostini
- Preheat oven to 350. Once up to temperature, add 1-2 tablespoons water to pan of cous cous, recover and put in oven at the same time as the uncovered pan of zucchini. After 15 minutes check temperature of cous cous and continue cooking until desired tenderness of zucchini and until internal temperature of both reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively cous cous can be eaten cold as a pasta salad.
- Crostini can be warmed in the oven on a sheet pan for 5 minutes if desired.
- Serve dip and crostini family style as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide zucchini boats and cous cous onto dinner plates.