Friday Funday, October 9, 2020
Ground lamb, beef & potato in flour tortillas, served & 2 chutneys: cilantro mint & apple tamarind. Comes with sides of a pepino raita salad & cabbage & pea stir fry.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 container cucumber salad
- 4 oz. dressing
- 1 pan of samosa flautas
- 8 oz. cup of each (2) chutney
- 2 bags veggies
- 1 small bag seasoning for veggies
- Preheat oven to 400. Flautas can be heated in the pan they arrive in, but they will get crispier and cook faster if laid in a single layer on a sheet pan brushed with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and as crispy as desired.
- Heat a large pan on medium high. Once hot enough to bead up and sizzle a drop of water, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, 1-2 tablespoons. Once oil shimmers (not smoking) add veggies. Sprinkle seasoning on veggies and saute until desired caramelization, if your pan is not large enough this may need to be done in batches.
- Toss cucumber salad with dressing.
- Divide flautas and veggies on to dinner plates.
- Serve salad in small bowl.
- Chutneys can be divided into small ramekins or can be set on the table with a spoon and shared.