Brunch Weekend of April 23, 2021
Start with ab roiled brown sugar grapefruit then dig into shakshuka, eggs poached into a tomato stew with peppers and onions, topped with a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese served with maple bacon sweet potato hash pita bread for dipping.
- 1 pan stew
- 2 eggs per person
- 1 bag potatoes
- 1 grapefruit per person
- 1 bag brown sugar topping
- 1 bag pita
- 1 bag feta
- Preheat oven to 350, put potatoes on a lightly oiled sheet pan and put into the oven at the same time as the covered pan of stew. After 15 minutes uncover the stew and use a spoon to make wells and crack eggs into the wells of the stew at this time feat can be sprinkled on top or it can used cold as a garnish when plating. Continue baking 5-10 minutes until eggs reach desired degree of doneness.
- Pita can be warmed in the oven for the last couple minutes of baking or can be microwaved for a minute or so until just warm.
- Cut grapefruit in half and place onto a broiler safe pan. Sprinkle sugar on top and broil approximately 4 inches from the burner for 2-3 minutes or until desired caramelization is reached.
- Ladel stew and eggs into shallow pasta bowls with pita on the side for dipping.
- Serve grapefruit in a small bowl on the side.
- Serve potatoes on a small plate.