Meatless Monday, April 19, 2021
The Middle Eastern classic, veganized, with shawarma-spiced cauliflower and garbanzo beans, quinoa rice pilaf, veggies & toppings, served with a kalamata lemon tahini dressing. Comes with a roasted garlic white bean hummus and pita bread as an appetizer.
- 1 container hummus
- 1 bag pita bread
- 1 pan quinoa rice pilaf
- 1 pan cauliflower and garbanzo beans
- 1 container cucumber salad
- 1 container mint dressing (green)
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag greens
- 1 bag tomato
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 400. Add one Tablespoon of water to pan of pilaf and recover. Add the pilaf and the uncovereed pan of cauliflower and beans to oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Pita can be warmed for 1 minute or so in the microwave wrapped in a towel or in foil in the oven for that last few minutes of baking time. Cut into wedges.
- Toss as much dressing as desired with the greens or drizzle over the top of the bowl if desired.
- Dice avocado.
- Pita and hummus can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- To assemble the meal use large bowls or dinner plates. Bowl can bebuilt in anyway you prefer, but we recommend placing the pilaf on half the plate or large bowl topping with cauliflower bean mixture and placings the greens on the other half of the plate, then topping the whole thing with minted cucumbers, tomato and avocado.