Meatless Monday, January 4, 2020
The Middle Eastern classic, veganized, with shawarma-spiced cauliflower and garbanzo beans, quinoa rice pilaf, veggies & toppings, served with a lemon tahini dressing and kalamata tapenade. Comes with hummus and pita bread as an appetizer.
- 1 pint roasted garlic hummus
- 1 bag pita bread
- 1 pan quinoa rice pilaf
- 1 pan cauliflower and garbanzo beans
- 1 pint mint cucumber salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag romaine and kale
- 4 oz lemon tahini dressing
- 4 ounces tapenade
- Preheat oven to 400. Add one Tablespoon of water to pan of pilaf and recover. Add the pilaf and the uncovereed pan of cauliflower and beans to oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Pita can be warmed for 1 minute or so in the microwave wrapped in a towel or in foil in the iven for 5 or so minutes.
- Toss as much dressing as desired with the greens.
- Dice avocado.
- Pita and hummus can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- To assemble the meal use large bowls or dinner plates. Bowl can bebuilt in anyway you prefer, but we recommend placing the pilaf on half the plate topping with cauliflower bean mixture and placings the greens on the other half of the plate, then topping the whole thing with minted cucumbers, avocado and a dollop of tapenade.