Friday Funday, October 30, 2020
The classic stromboli, an Italian bread dough roll filled with meats, cheeses & fresh herbs. Comes with a pomodoro dipping sauce, an appetizer of roasted artichoke hearts & olives, and a chopped salad with Italian dressing.
- One container olive antipasto
- One pan of stromboli
- 16 ounces sauce
- One container salad
- 4 ounces dressing
- Preheat oven to 450, bake for 35-45 minutes or until desired level of browning is achieved.
- While stromboli is baking, heat pomodorro sauce and 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce, on the stove top or in microwave (in a microwave safe dish) to 165 degrees.
- Olives and artichokes can be roasted in the oven for 15 minutes or sauteed in a fry pan until desired carmelization. Alternatively, they can be served cold.
- Remove stromboli from oven and let rest for 5 minutes on a cooling rack. If you don't have a cooling rack you can pull a rack out of your oven before preheating and use it for cooling.
- After cooling slice stromboli in 1-1 1/2 inch strips.
- Toss or drizzle dressing with salad.
- Serve olives and artichokes as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide stromboli among plates.
- Divide sauce into ramekins or small bowls.
- Place salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.