Friday Funday, June 18, 2021
The classic stromboli, bread dough braided over pepperoni and cheese with a Tuscan pomarola tomato sauce for dipping. Served with an Italian salad with romaine, pepperoncini, olives, grape tomato, red onion and croutons with white balsamic vinaigrette and a spinach artichoke dip appetizer and housemade spent grain crackers
- One pan dip
- One bag crackers
- One pan of stromboli
- One container sauce
- One container salad
- One container dressing
- Preheat oven to 450, bake for 35-45 minutes or until desired level of browning is achieved.
- While stromboli is baking, heat sauce on the stove top or in microwave (in a microwave safe dish) to 165 degrees.
- Dip can be roasted in the 450 oven for 15 minutes uncovered. Broil for a minute watching closely if more caramelization is desired. Alternatively, it can be served cold.
- Remove stromboli from oven and let rest for 5 minutes on a cooling rack (pro tip, if you don't have a cooling rack you can pull one of the racks out of your oven before preheating).
- After cooling slice stromboli in 1-1 1/2 inch strips.
- Toss or drizzle dressing with salad.
- Serve dip and crackers as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide stromboli among plates.
- Divide sauce into ramekins or small bowls.
- Place salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.