Friday Funday July 17th, 2020
Description: Shrimp and chicken kebabs with huli huli glaze, pinapple rice and an orange jicama slaw.
Difficulty level: 3 out of 10
- One pan chicken kebabs
- One pan shrimp kebabs
- One pan rice
- One container slaw
- 4 oz salad dressing
- 8 ounces glaze
- We have listed three methods from which you can choose to cook your kebabs. They are listed in order of highest recommendation. Note that the shrimp will cook faster than the chicken.
- 1 - Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F). Brush the grill grates with canola oil or coat with nonstick grill spray. Grill skewers turning the skewers every few minutes so that each side has grill marks until fully cooked through and the juices run clear, about 10 to 15 minutes and an internal temperature of 165 degrees. If you choose, you can baste with the sauce in the last few minutes of cooking.
- 2 - Broiler instructions: Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Place the skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan. Put the pan approximately 4 inches under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes, then flip the skewers and broil on the other side for 5 more minutes until 165 degrees. Broilers are very sensitive, keep a close eye on your skewers as to not let them burn. If you choose, you can baste with the sauce in the last few minutes of cooking.
- 3 - Preheat to 450 bake in a single layer in the oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the skewers about half way through. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. You may need to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on your oven unitl 165 degrees. If you choose, you can baste with the sauce in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450. Put 1-2 tablespoons water in rice pan. Cover the pan and bake foe 15-25 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively the rice can be placed in a microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water and heated fluffing every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Toss dressing with slaw.
- Place two chicken and two shrimp skewers on each plate with a serving of rice. Serve left over huli huli in small ramekins for dipping.
- Place slaw on 4 separate plates or bowls.