Meatless Monday, October 5, 2020
A creamy & fresh Thai green curry, served with tofu, peas, broccoli and basil. Comes with jasmine rice & a peanut wonton salad.
- 1 pan veggies and tofu
- 1 pan jasmine rice
- 1 quart curry sauce
- 1 container slaw
- 4 oz dressing
- 1 bag wonton crisps
- 1 bag peanuts
- 1 bag basil
- Preheat oven to 400. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan of rice and re cover. Add both pans (veg and rice) to oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until heated through, 165 degrees.
- Heat curry sauce over medium heat on the stove top in a sauce pan. Alternatively in can be put in a microwave safe dish and heat a minute at a time stirring between, until 165 degrees.
- toss dressing with slaw and wontons or just the dressing and then top the salad with wontons.
- Basil an be choppped, torn or you can chiffonade. This technique is easy and produces pretty strips of basil. Just place basil leaves in a stack and tightly roll then cuts into thin strips.
- Divide rice onto dinner plates, top with veggie/tofu medley and a good sized ladle of sauce and garnish with basil and peanuts.
- Serve salad on separate plates or bowls.