Meatless Monday, March 29, 2021
A build-your-own tostada meal with housemade soyrizo, refried beans and assorted toppings on crisp corn tortillas. Comes with a side of poblano cilantro rice and an appetizer of escabeche pickled vegetables.
- 1 pan soyrizo
- 1 container beans
- 1 container pico de gallo
- 1 bag lettuce
- 1 container avocado crema
- 1 bag crisp corn tortillas
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 1 container escabeche
- Preheat oven to 350 add 1-2 tablespoon water to pan of rice and recover place it it the oven along with the covered pan of soyrizo. Bake until heated through, 20+ minutes or until 165 degrees.
- Beans can be heated on the stove top on low with some water. Stir very often until 165 degrees. Alternatively beans can be heated in the microwave in a covered microwave safe dish stirring every 60 seconds until heated through. Beans could also be transferred to a covered oven safe dish and baked at the same time of the rice and soyrizo.
- Warm tostadas directly on rack in oven for the last couple minutes of cooking time.
- Escabeche can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Place 3 tortillas on each dinner plate and top with beans, soyrizo, lettuce, pico and a dollop of avocado crema.
- Serve rice on the side of the dinner plate or on a separate plate or bowl.