Meatless Monday, December 7, 2020
Fresh butter lettuce leaves filled with tofu in a mango hoisin sauce with cashews, gingered carrots and cilantro. Served with a Caribbean sweet potato and black eyed pea soup and hearts of palm "ceviche" with fresh corn chips as an appetizer.
- 1 pan fried tofu with ginger hoisin sauce
- 1 bag lettuce
- 1 quart soup concentrate
- 1 bag cashews
- 1 bag cilantro
- 8 oz. container ginger carrots
- 1 pint ceviche
- 1 bag chips
- Preheat oven to 400. Add covered pan of tofu, bake for 10 minutes and uncover then continue baking for 10-20 minutes until heated through, 165 degrees.
- In a 3 qt or larger pot, heat soup plus 3-4 cups of water to taste over medium heat on the stove top. Alternatively the soup can be heated in a microwave safe container stirring every 60 seconds until heated through, 165 degrees.
- Chips and ceviche can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide lettuce leaves amongst dinner plates fill with tofu and garnish with carrots, cashews and cilantro.
- Serve soup in a bowl.
Seems we could all use a troical vacation right now. Since that's not really an option right now, we'll bring the tropics to you! Enjoy this light and healthy dinner that is still very satisfying and full of flavor.