Valentine's Dinner for 2 Date Night Mealkit!
- 1 pan salmon fondue bake
- 1 bag flat bread crisps
- 1 container crème ninon soup
- 1 container pistou
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 pan beef wellingtons
- 1 egg
- 1 pan duchess potatoes
- 1 pan chocolate decadence
- 1 container coulis
- 1 750 bottle of your choice
Assemblage Difficulty: 5 out of 10, This kit contains some raw ingredients to be prepared by you for an interactive and unforgettable date night experience.
Make sure to keep the Wellington's refrigerated. Puff pastry must be well chilled before cooking.
- If you chose farmhouse ale or sparkling wine place in the coldest part of the fridge or on ice to thoroughly chill. The wild yeast in farmhouse ales can make them very lively and they should be opened carefully with a glass near by to catch foam as it rolls out of the bottle. Red wine should be served at room temperature, to get the best flavor decant the wine into a pitcher 20 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 425, add covered pan of salmon bake and bake 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Heat soup over medium heat stirring often until 165 degrees.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a small dish, whisk the egg until homogenous and, using a pastry brush or your fingers, evenly coat the entire outsides of well chilled Wellingtons with the egg wash. Place onto a lightly oiled sheet pan and place into the oven at the same time as the uncovered pan of potatoes. Bake 14-18 minutes or until internal temperature of the steak is 120-125 degrees for medium-rare*. Ovens vary greatly, make sure you have an accurate thermometer, preferably a quick read digital type. Remove the steaks from the oven and preheat the broiler, once element is red hot place steaks 3 or 4 inches below the element and broil a couple minutes until the pastry is golden. WATCH VERY CLOSELY NOT TO BURN. Remove steak from oven and let rest on a baking rack, if you have one, for 10 minutes before serving. Potatoes may also be broiled for more caramelization if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Top chocolate cake with berry coulis.
**medium rare is generally accepted as 130-135 degrees, however your steak will rise in internal temperature after removing it from the oven. We highly recommend an accurate thermometer, preferably a quick read digital type. If you prefer a different temperature steak, pull off heat at 115-120 for rare, 135-140 for medium, 145-150 for medium well or 155-160 for well done.
You can eat your meal in any order you like, but we love a coursed dinner. If you do as well, we recommend eating the salmon fondue bake with the flatbread crisps first to enjoy while you are cooking. Next the soup garnished with the pistou, then the salad followed by the steaks and potatoes as a main. Finally end your meal with dessert.
note: all mealkits contain everything you will need to prepare them except for salt, pepper, and cooking oil. with limited supply chains due to COVID-19, some ingredients are subject to change. meal photos are approximations, and may not reflect the actual finished product.