New Year's Eve Dinner for 2 Date Night Mealkit
- 1 container burrata, greens and beet
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 2 ounces dressing
- 1 quart risotto
- 1 bag shaved parmesan
- 1 bag 4 petite bacon wrapped tenderloin medallions
- 4 ounce demi glace
- 1 pan lobster and artichoke stuffed salmon filets
- 1 bag broccolette and charred lemon
- 1 pan cheesecake
- 1 750 bottle of your choice
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- If you chose farmhouse ale or sparkling wine place in the coldest part of the fridge or on ice to thoroughly chill. Red wine should be served at room temperature, to get the best flavor decant the wine into a pitcher 20 minutes before serving.
- Heat risotto on the stove top over medium low heat. Stir often and add extra water if it begins to dry out. Garnish with cheese.
- There are several ways to cook your steak, use your favorite method or try one the the ones we've highlighted below! Whichever method you choose, make sure to remove your steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes to an hour before cooking to bring to room temperature. Also for all methods season steaks with salt just before cooking, allow to rest after cooking for 5 minutes before removing the skewer. Alternatively you could remove the skewer and sear the sides of the bacon if you prefer.
- Skillet: Preheat oven to 425 degrees make sure it is all the way preheated before starting to cook the steaks. Heat a heavy oven safe skillet* over medium-high to high heat until very hot. Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Brush steaks lightly with a neutral cooking oil and place steaks in the preheated skillet. Sear one side 2 minutes until well caramelized, then turn and place in the oven. Check temperature after 3 minutes and continue to monitor until a recommended 125 degrees**.
- Sous vide: If you have a sous vide machine, this method is great for a thick steak like this! Set your water to 130, salt and pepper as desired, and cook in a sealed bag for an hour. Then preheat a skillet on high heat brush steaks lightly with oil and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until seared.
- Charcoal or Gas Grill: Season steaks with salt and pepper as desired. To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and cook on both sides for approximately 2 minutes until they get a nice sear. Then reduce heat to medium on gas or move to medium ash-covered coals on charcoal and continue to grill turning every 2 minutes until a recommended medium rare, 125 degrees**.
*If you do not have an oven safe skillet, simply preheat a sheet pan in the oven and transfer the steaks onto it after searing.
**medium rare is generally accepted as 130-135 degrees, however your steak will rise in internal temperature after removing it from heat as the heat from seared outer layer slowly continues to cook the interior. Cooking methods and equipment vary massively, so use your knowledge of your own equipment to guide you. We highly recommend an accurate thermometer, preferably a quick read digital type. If you prefer a different temperature steak, pull off heat at 115-120 for rare, 135-140 for medium, 145-150 for medium well or 155-160 for well done.
- Warm demi glace on the stovetop on medium low or in a microwave safe dish for a minute or so until heated through.
- Place salmon in the 425 degree oven and bake until the salmon is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes.
- Place broccolette and lemon on a sheet pan and heat in the 425 oven for 5 or so minutes, garnish with lemon.
- Dress burrata and salad as desired.
- Peel oranges and garnish the burrata salad.
Burrata can be served on a plate or in a bowl. Risotto is best served in a shallow bowl. Steak, salmon and broccolette may be served on a dinner plate. Cheesecake is ready to eat and can be cut and transferred to a side plate.
You can eat your meal in any order you like, but we love a coursed dinner, if you do as well, we recommend eating the burrata first followed by the risotto, then serve the steak and fish together with the broccolette as the main course and finally end with dessert.
note: all mealkits contain everything you will need to prepare them except for salt, pepper, and cooking oil. with limited supply chains due to COVID-19, some ingredients are subject to change. meal photos are approximations, and may not reflect the actual finished product.