Meatless Monday, September 21, 2020
Our take on a hearty Greek casserole, made with eggplant & potato, served with a vegan bechamel. Comes with a cucumber kalamata salad, and favosalata dip with pita wedges for an appetizer.
Assemblage Difficulty: 2 out of 10
- 1 pan moussaka
- 16 oz. favosalata dip
- 1 bag of 4 pitas
- 1 container salad
- 2-2 oz. dressing
- 1 small bag feta (not vegan, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400, place covered pan in oven for 30 minutes, uncover and continue baking for 25-35 minutes or until 165 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutiing.
- Pita can be heated in foil in the oven for the last 5-20 minutes of baking time, can be wrapped in a towel and heated in the microwave for a minute or two until warm or they can just be eaten cold. Cut pita into wedges.
- Toss salad with dressing, garnish with feta if desired.
- Pita and favosalata can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Plate casserole on dinner plate or on a shalloe pasta dish.
- Serve salad in separate plates or bowls.