Meatless Monday, October 26, 2020
Classic phad-thai served with fried tofu, veggies and rice noodles in a soy-peanut sauce with select garnishes. Comes with a crispy romaine salad with a mango vinaigrette & sweet chili edamame pods.
- 1 bag stir-fry veggies
- 1 bag noodles
- 1 pint soy-peanut sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 baggie cilantro
- 1 baggie chopped peanuts
- 1 container salad
- 4 oz. dressing
- 1 quart container edamame
- 4 oz sweet chile sauce
- Heat a 1/4 cup water to boiling in a saute pan, add edamame, cover and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Sweet chile sauce can be served cold or warmed in a sauce pan or in the microwave if preferred.
- What kind of pan do you have? If you have non-stick add your oil brefore heating the pan, if you have stainless you should add the oil after the pan is hot, in this case it should bead up and sizzle a drop of water before you add it. Heat a large fry pan over medium high heat with 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Add veggies and stir fry until caramelized to desired doneness, add tofu and noodles, saute until heated through, add sauce and toss until well coated and warm.
- Toss salad with dressing and chow mein noodles.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Roughly chop the ciliantro if desired.
- Edamame can be served as an appetizer, or alongside the meal.
- Pad Thai should be served on a dinner plate. Garnish with cilantro, peanuts and a slice of lime.
- Salad can be served in small bowls or on small plates on the side.