Meatless Monday, May 31, 2021
Back by popular demand, our peanut chile phad-thai served with fried tofu, veggies and rice noodles with lime, cilantro and peanut garnishes. Comes with a crispy romaine salad with a mango vinaigrette and a lemongrass coconut milk broth.
- 1 bag stir-fry veggies
- 1 bag noodles
- 1 bag tofu
- 1 conatiner soy-peanut sauce
- 1 baggie cilantro
- 1 baggie chopped peanuts
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container broth
- What kind of pan do you have? If you have non-stick add your oil brefore heating the pan, if you have stainless you should add the oil after the pan is hot, in this case the pan should bead up and sizzle a drop of water before you add it. Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium high heat with 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Add veggies and stir fry until caramelized to desired doneness, add tofu and noodles, saute until heated through, add sauce and toss until well coated and warm. This is a lot of food, if your pan isn't big enough you can tranfer the veggies to a soup pot after sauteeing when you need to add the noodles and tofu.
- Broth can be heated over medium on the stovetop in a sauce pan. It is concentrated so add 1/2 cup to 1 cup water to dilute to your personal taste.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Roughly chop the ciliantro if desired.
- Broth can be served as an starter, or alongside the meal in a soup cup or bowl.
- Pad Thai should be served on a dinner plate. Garnish with lime, cilantro and peanuts.
- Salad can be served in small bowls or on small plates on the side.