Wholesome Humpday, June 1, 2022
Asado Skewers, Certified Angus sirloin marinated in Chef Magana’s signature chimichurri sauce. Served with elote corn with cotija, chile and lime and a quinoa salad with zucchini, grape tomato and avocado in a sherry vinaigrette.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 pan skewers
- 1 bag corn
- 1 lime
- 1 bag cotija
- 1 container aioli
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container salad
- Corn can be cooked a couple ways. One is to grill over medium heat for 15-20 minutes turning every 5 minutes or can be baked in the oven at 400 on a sheet pan for 15-20 minutes or it can be microwaved on high for 7-10 minutes depending on how well done you like your corn and the wattage of your microwave.
- We have listed four methods from which you can choose to cook your skewers. They are listed in order of highest recommendation.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F). Brush the grill grates with cooking oil or coat with nonstick grill spray. Grill skewers turning every few minutes so that each side has grill marks until skewers can be cooked to a temperature of 125-130 for medium rare if desired*
- Broiler instructions: Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Place the skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan. Put the pan approximately 4 inches under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes, then flip the skewers and broil on the other side for 5 more minutes until desired temperature or the recommended 125-130 degrees*. Broilers are very sensitive, keep a close eye on your skewers as to not let them burn.
- Heat a skillet or fry pan on medium heat, once hot add 1-2 tablespoons oil once oil shimmers add skewers in batches making sure not to crowd the pan. Cook on each side until well caramelized and cooked to desired temperature or recommended 125-130 for medium rare*.
- Preheat to 425 put skewers on an oiled baking sheet in a single layer in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping the skewers about half way through. You may need to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on your oven until 165 degrees. Skewers can be cooked to desired temperature or the recommended 125-130 for medium rare*
- Slice or dice avocado.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired. Either gently fold in avocado or use a garnish on top.
- Cut lime into wedges
- Place skewers and corn on dinner plates. Garnish corn with cheese, chipotle aioli and lime as desired.
- Salad is best eaten on its own plate.