Wholesome Wednesday, June 21, 2022
Baja cod street tacos, served with pineapple pico and slaw, achiote rice with black beans and a Catalina salad.
- 1 bag fish
- 1 container pico
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 container slaw dressing
- 1 container salad
- 1 container salad dressing
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 add 1-2 tablespoons of water to pan and recover, place covered pan of rice in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and microwaved for a couple of minutes, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat until a drop of water beads up and sizzles then add 1-2 tablespoons of a neutral cooking oil. Once oil shimmers add fish, careful not to crowd the pan. Alternatively, fish can be baked on an oiled sheet pan in the 375 degree oven for aproxiamately 20 minutes, broil at the end if you desire more caramelization.
- Warm tortillas in oven, wrapped in foil for last 10 or so minutes of rice cooking time until warm and pliable. Alternatively you can wrap them in a towel and microwave for a minute or two flipping every 30 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Dice or slice avocado
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired
- Serve 3 tortillas per person on a dinner plate, top with fish, cabbage, pick de gallo and avocado, garnish with a lime wedge.
- Serve rice and beans on the dinner plate next to the tacos
- Serve salad on the side.