Friday Funday, March 19, 2021
Ancho cumin rockfish street tacos, served with poblano cilantro rice and decried pinto beans.
- 1 bag fish
- 1 container pico
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container beans
- Preheat oven to 400 add 1-2 tablespoons of water to pan and recover, place covered pan of rice in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and microwaved for a couple of minutes, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat until a drop of water beads up and sizzles then add 1-2 tablespoons of a neutral cooking oil. Once oil shimmers add fish, careful not to crowd the pan. Alternatively, fish can be baked on an oiled sheet pan in the 400 degree oven for aproxiamately 20 minutes, broil at the end if you desire more caramelization.
- Warm tortillas in oven, wrapped in foil for last 10 or so minutes of rice cooking time until warm and pliable. Alternatively you can wrap them in a towel and microwave for a minute or two flipping every 30 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Heat beans on the stove top over medium low heat with 1/2-1 cup of water stirring very often until heated through, 165 degrees. Alternatively they can be heated in a covered microwave safe dish stirring every 60 seconds until done. Be very careful of steam when taking the lid off.
- Dice or slice avocado
- Cut lime into wedges
- Serve 3 tortillas per person on a dinner plate, top with fish, cabbage, pick de gallo and avocado, garnish with a lime wedge.
- Serve rice and beans on the dinner plate next to the tacos