Friday Funday, June 24, 2022
Thinly sliced Certified Angus beef wit (with) onion and a housemade whiz (the only correct way to eat a cheesesteak...) on a crusty hoagie roll with optional grilled green peppers and housemade Mama Sara's Lil' Sweet and Super Spicy Pickled Fresno Peppers. Served with steak fries with bistro sauce and a summer squash and cabbage slaw with lemon herb dressing.
- 1 bag beef
- 1 bag peppers and onions
- 1 bag buns
- 1 container wiz
- 1 bag steak fries
- 1 container bisto sauce
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 400. Once up to temperature, place fries on an oiled sheet pan and place into oven. Flip fries after 15 minutes then continue baking until crisp, about 10 more minutes.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat. Add oil and once it is hot but not yet smoking add peppers and onions, saute until caramelized then set aside. Put more oil in the pan and add beef, salt and pepper to taste and cook until done. Add peppers back to pan and stir together, if desired.
- Warm cheese sauce in a sauce pan on low stirring often. Alternatively place in a microwave safe dish and cook stirring every 60 seconds until hot.
- Slice buns and toast them under a broiler or heat flat side down in a dry fry pan over medium heat.
- Toss slaw with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide beef and veggies amongst the buns top with cheese sauce as desired. Optionally garnish with sweet hot peppers (they are very spicy).
- Serve sandwiches and fries on dinner plates and a dollop of bistro sauce for the fries.
- Serve slaw on small plates or in bowls.