Friday Funday, December 10, 2021
Back by popular demand, house-made bao buns served with char sui style BBQ pork and select toppings. Comes with sides of ginger-coconut long grain rice & garlic-orange broccoli.
- 1 bag pork tenderloin
- 1 bag bao buns
- 1 container hoisin sauce
- 1 container chopped peanuts
- 1 container cilantro cucumber salad
- 1 pan rice
- 1 pan broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400. Shake excess marinade from tenderloin and place on an oiled sheet pan in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 20+ minutes or until at least 145 degrees. If you prefer more caramelization you can broil for a couple minutes after roasting. Alternatively tenderloins can be cooked on the stovetop in a fry pan over medium heat, first slice to desired thickness then after searing both sides turn to low and cover, continue cooking until 145 degrees.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to rice and recover, place covered pan of rice into oven for 20-25 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a covered microwave safe dish, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat a large fry pan or skillet over medium high heat. Once hot a a little oil and once oil is hot and shimmers (not smoking) add the broccoli. Saute in batches as to not crowd the pan. Cook to desired level of caramelization. Alternatively broccoli can be broiled on a sheet pan, watching carefully, until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with salt as desired.
- Wrap bao bun in a towel and microwave until just warm. Alternatively bao can be wrapped in foil and warmed in the oven for the last 5 minutes or so of cooking time.
- DIvide buns, 3 per person onto dinner plates. Fill buns with pork, cucumber salad and garnish with peanuts and hoisin sauce.
- Divide rice and broccoli onto dinner plates alongside the pinch buns.