Wholesome Humpday, May 18, 2022
Chicken braised in a rustic red wine tomato sauce with bell pepper, onion, carrot, wild mushroom, olives and fresh herbs. Served with bucatini pasta, field green salad and dinner rolls.
- 1 pan chicken
- 1 bag pasta
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag rolls
- Preheat oven to 375, add covered pan of chicken and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until 165 degrees. Alternatively, it can be placed in a pot and reheated over medium low heat while stirring very gently. You can use the leftover pasta water to thin the sauce a little bit, if desired.
- For pasta, you can bring a cup of water to a boil in a sauce pan then add pasta and gently stir until heated through. You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water. Alternatively it can be heated in the microwave with a tablespoon or two of water in a covered microwave safe dish for a couple minutes or until 165 degrees.
- Toss as much dressing with the salad as desired.
- Rolls can be wrapped in foil and heated in the oven for the last 5 or so minutes of cooking time. Alternatively they can be warmed in the microwave for ~1 minute until just warm.
- Divide pasta amongst dinner plates, top with chicken and sauce.
- Serve salad on separate small plates or in bowls.
- Serve rolls on the side of the dinner plate.