Meatless Monday, November 16, 2020
West African style peanut curry with yam and kale, served over basmati rice. Comes with a green salad & a loaf of fresh crusty bread.
- 2 quarts curry
- 1 pan tofu and sweet potato
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag greens
- 1 bag peanuts
- 1 container salad
- 4 oz. dressing
- 1 loaf of bread
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place covered pan of rice in oven with a tablespoon of water added to the pan. After 15 minutes start checking temperature every 5 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively, the rice can be microwaved. Just place in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power fluffing ith a fork every 45 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- To cook curry, heat a dutch oven or wide bottoms soup pot over medium heat heat with a 1 tablespoon of oil and saute the greens until wilted and tender. Add pan of tofu and sweet potato and both quarts of sauce. Heat to a light boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Place foil wrapped bread in the oven for the last 10 minutes of rice cooking time. Alternatively bread can be wrapped in a towel and microwaved.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Divide curry among four shallow pasta bowls or plates, top with a scoop of rice. For presentation, if you like, you can pack the rice in a measuring cup, ramekin or a mug and gently turn it over onto the curry. Garnish with peanuts.
- Serve bread on the side of the dinner plate ir on separate plates.
- Place salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.