Meatless Monday, March 8, 2021
West African style peanut curry with potato and local greens, served over basmati rice. Comes with a green salad & flat bread.
- 1 pan curry
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag greens
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag flat breads
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place covered pan of curry in oven. Bake for 15 minutes then add a tablespoon of water to the rice and recover before adding it to the oven, Continue baking both pans for 15-20 minutes or until heated thoroughly, 165 degrees. Alternatively, both can be microwaved. Just place in covered microwave safe containers and cook on regular power stirring curry and fluffing rice with a fork every 45 seconds until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You may also choose to heat curry in a soup pot on the stove top over medium low heat.
- Lightly sauté greens over medium heat in a lightly oiled fry pan. Alternatively the greens can be served fresh on top of the curry.
- Flat bread can be heated in the oven for the last couple minutes of cooking time, it can be warmed in a dry fry pan over medium heat or it can be wrapped in a towel and microwaved for a minute or until just warm. If you have a gas range you could also use our family's method, turn a burner on low and heat bread by flipping and turning it every few seconds over the flame until very lightly charred and warmed through. Watch your fingers though ;)
- Toss the salad with as much dressing as desired.
- In shallow pasta dishes or on plates, topping the rice with the curry and greens.
- Serve bread on the side of the dinner plate or on separate plates.
- Place salad seperate plates or bowls.