Friday Funday, May 13, 2022
A New York City classic, tender marinated chicken thighs with fresh lettuce, tomato and two sauces for topping. Served with yellow basmati rice and garbanzos sauteed with caramelized onion and flat bread.
- 1 pan chicken
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag flatbread
- 1 container red sauce
- 1 container white sauce
- 1 bag lettuce
- 1 or 2 tomato(es)
- 1 pan garbanzos
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Put 1-2 TBSP water in pan of rice and recover. Place covered pans of chicken, rice and garbanzo in the oven, bake for 20-30 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively, they can be microwaved by placing in microwave safe containers (make sure to add some water to rice) and cook on regular power stirring every 60 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Flatbread can be heated three ways, in the oven for 5+ minutes, wrapped in a towel in the microwave for 1+ minutes or in a dry fry pan over medium heat.
- Chop tomato(es)
- Divide rice into shallow pasta bowls or onto plates, top with chicken. Garnish with tomato, lettuce and sauces as desired.
- Garbanzos can be eaten on the side or served piled up with the chicken and rice.
- Serve flatbread and on the side.