Friday Funday May 20, 2022
Description: A thick and savory Filipino peanut stew with annato, garlic, onion, green beans and local greens on steamed jasmine rice. Served with a spring green salad with grape tomato, red onion, sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg and a sweet and tangy french dressing and an appetizer of sea salt plantain chips
- 1 container sauce
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag pork belly
- 1 bag beans
- 1 bag greens
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag plantain chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Put a tablespoon or two of water in the pan of rice. Recover and place pan in oven. Bake for 20-30 or until 165 degrees. Alternatively, rice can be microwaved. Just place in covered microwave safe containers and cook on regular power stirring curry and fluffing rice with a fork every 45 seconds until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You may also choose to heat curry in a soup pot on the stove top over medium low heat.
- Pork belly can be crisped in an oiled skillet or fry pan over medium high heat. Cook untill well caramelized and at least 145 degrees. Set off to the side. Let rest 5 minutes and slice as desired.
- Add more oil to the pan and sauté beans over medium heat in a lightly oiled fry pan. add greans once the beans are almost done and sauté until wilted. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Sauce can be warmed on the stovetop over medium heat stirring often until 165 degrees. Alternatively, sauce can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and heated stirring every 90 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Toss the salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Plantain chips can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- In shallow pasta dishes or on plates, topping the rice with the sauce, beans, greens and pork belly.
- Place salad seperate plates or bowls.