Meatless Monday, May 23, 2022
Description: Lebanese spiced roasted cauliflower and garbanzo beans, an avocado pea puree and a lemon tahini sauce on flatbread. Served with a field green salad with grape tomato, cucumber and olives in an herb vinaigrette and a roasted red pepper and tomato soup.
- 1 pan cauliflower
- 1 bag flatbread
- 1 container pea puree
- 1 container tahini
- 1 container soup
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 450. Put cauliflower and chickpeas on an oiled sheet pan and bake until well caramelized, about 20 minutes. Alternatively they can be sauteéd in a skillet over medium high heat until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown.
- Heat soup over medium heat in a sauce pan stirring often. The soup is concentrated, add water to taste, around 1/3 of the container of water. Alternatively, soup can be heated in the microwave in stirring in 60 second increments until 165 degrees.
- Flatbread can be served room temperature, heated in the oven for a couple of minutes or warmed in the microwave if desired.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Place flatbread on dinner plates, top with pea pureé then cauliflower and chickpeas and garnish with tahini sauce.
- Serve soup on the side in soup cups or bowls.
- Salad can be served on the side of the dinner plate or on it's own plate or in a bowl.