Wjolsome Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Description: Fresh local Hama Hama Manila Clams: one pound per person, in a coconut lemongrass broth seasoned with garlic, ginger and cilantro. Served with steamed jasmine rice, a crisp romaine salad with edamame, peanuts, red bell pepper, cucumber and carrot in a sweet chili salad dressing and a house baked demi baguettes.
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag clams
- 1 lemon
- 1 container sauce
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag bread
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Put 1-2 TBSP water in pan of rice and recover, bake for 20-30 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively, they can be microwaved by placing in microwave safe containers (make sure to add some water to rice) and cook on regular power fluffing every 60 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- In a large stock pot, bring sauce to a boil. Add clams and cover. Cook 5-10 minutes or until all clams are open stirring gently after the first couple of couple minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Bread can be heated either wrapped in foil in the oven for 5+ minutes, or wrapped in a towel in the microwave for 1+ minutes.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Cut lemon into slices or wedges.
- Rice can be eaten as a side dish with clams served in a separate bowl or you can divide rice into shallow pasta bowls and top with clams, garnish with lemon.
- Serve salad on small plates or in bowl.
- Serve bread and on the side to sop up the sauce.