Friday Funday, May 27, 2022
Description: Egypt's favorite street food! A pocket pita stuffed with well seasoned ground sirloin/chuck blend, baked until crisp. Served with chile lime tomato soup and a romaine salad with zucchini, carrot in a sumac vinaigrette and an appetizer of crispy chickpeas with dukkah spice
- 1 bag meat
- 1 bag pita
- 1 container soup
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400. Arrange the pitas on an oiled sheet pan. Brush or spray the pita pocket tops lightly with oil. Bake in the heated oven for 15, then turn the pitas over and cook on the other side another 5 to 10 minutes until the meat is fully cooked and the pita is crispy on both sides.
- Heat soup over medium heat in a sauce pan stirring often. The soup is concentrated, add water to taste (about one 1 cup for a 2 person kit and 2 cups for a 4 person kit). Alternatively, soup can be heated in the microwave in stirring in 60 second increments until 165 degrees.
- Chickpeas can be eaten room temperature or warmed on a sheet pan in the oven for a couple minutes.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Chickpeas can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Serve hawashi on dinner plates.
- Serve soup on the side in soup cups or bowls.
- Salad can be served on the side of the dinner plate or on it's own plate or in a bowl.