Friday Funday - June 17, 2022
- 1 pan paella
- 1 bag clams and mussels*
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container goat cheese
- 1 bag crostini
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Herbed goat cheese is delicious cold but also nice warm. Just put into the 375 degree oven for 5-10 minute or desired degree of warmth.
- Once oven is up to temperature, put a tablespoon or two of water into the pan and recover, bake for 15 minutes. Put shellfish on top of the rice and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until shellfish has opened and 165 degrees internal temperature. If more of a crust is desired place under the broiler for a minute or two, watching carefully not to burn. Do not eat shellfish that have been fully cooked but have still not opened.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- Drizzle or toss dressing with salad.
- Serve cheese and crostini as an appetizer or along side the meal.
- Divide paella into wide shallow pasta bowls or plates, garnish with lemon.
- Place salad on separate plates or in bowls.
*Seafood is best served fresh, but if you are unable to cook this meal today please put your shellfish on ice in the fridge in an open container.Notes from Sara:
Always a popular summertime meal and show in one, paella is one of Chef Magana's classics. He perfected the art during the time he owned the prestigious Picazzo 7seventeen in wine country in Prosser and has improved it even more with our access here in Western Washington to some of the highest quality shellfish around. We selected Hama's Purple Savory clams for their juiciness as well as their striking color that adds flare to any dish.
All of us here at Garden Movement have loved nothing more than a lazy day at Hama Hama Oyster Saloon in Hoodsport. We spent Christmas up that way and visited every day to wander the beaches, enjoy a fire and eat fresh oysters that come straight from the water. If you're looking for a beautiful drive and to help support another local gem, visit them at the saloon for a bite and then their farm store for fresh shellfish and other awesome goods to go like Olympic Mountain Ice Cream!