Meatless Monday, April 11, 2022
Creamy polenta topped with local wild mushrooms and a kale scallion pesto, with optional shaved parmesan. Served with a crunchy romaine salad with grape tomato, cucumber, cannellini beans and a verjus vinaigrette. To start, enjoy fresh crostini with artichoke and olive tapenade.
- 1 container polenta
- 1 bag wild mushrooms
- 1 container pesto
- 1 bag parmesan
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag crostini
- 1 container tapenade
- Preheat oven to 375. Place covered pan of polenta in oven and bake until 165 degrees (20-25 minutes). Stir in hot water, milk or non dairy creamer if a looser polenta is desired.
- On medium heat on the stove top add oil to a preheated frypan*. Once shimmering add mushrooms and sauté to desired doneness. Add pesto to the pan and heat through. Add a little water if a saucier pesto is desired.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
* If using a nonstick pan add oil to the cold pan.
- Crostini and tapenade can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide polenta amongst shalloe pasta bowls. Top with mushroom pesto mixture.
- Serve salad on th side on separate plates or in bowls.